1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
643 Posts
Just a few ideas, I don't have your system, but it does look interesting.

1) longer screws to attach the upper and lower brackets this will leave a little gap between the upper and lower bracket , but should be only around 1/16" on either side.

2) use a Dremel tool or sand paper wrapped around a small piece of 3/4 inch dowel and grind/sand the inside of the mounting bracket down until it fits the 1" bar

WB

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I like your idea. I will take the bracket to home depot and match longer screws. I will look into the sandpaper or maybe even a dremel tool..
I will get a small piece of scrap 1 inch copper tubing to use as a template..i love forums. I should have thought about these ideas

I hooked up the TP-90 yesterday..i thought it was pretty cool and worked very well. ty for your input

·
Registered
643 Posts
Actually I like your idea. I will take the bracket to home depot and match longer screws. I will look into the sandpaper or maybe even a dremel tool..
I will get a small piece of scrap 1 inch copper tubing to use as a template..i love forums. I should have thought about these ideas

I hooked up the TP-90 yesterday..i thought it was pretty cool and worked very well. ty for your input
I think you will need to use a 3/4" pipe or dowel for sanding, a 1" pipe wrapped with sand paper will be too big to fit into the 7/8" contour of the bracket. The 1" pipe will handy to test the fit, you need to be careful and not take too much material off.
WB

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha I was just thinking about that..i just found a 3/4 copper end cap in my tool box and was just playing with that and yes I do believe that will work..i am doing some sanding now. I need more sanding paper..i will get some later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts