Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 vulcan VN1600A classic

Stealth fiberglass Batwing fairing kit purchased from "The USA Trailer store" on ebay for $290 shipped.

I had to purchase 2 mainstay brackets from Kawasaki part#'s 35063-0209 & 35063-0210 which bolted right up. $120. They also allowed me to keep the Lowers attached.

Kenwood Kmm-BT312U media reciever, USB, Sirius XM, Aux, Bluetooth, IHeart radio, Pandora

Kenwood Kac-M1804 400 watt 4 channel amp

2-Kicker 5.25 inch 3way 200 watts peak

2 kicker 5.25 inch 2way 225 watts peak

Sirius xm Sxv300 tuner kit

Mrant bi-pole hideway antenna (tuner)

Garmin Nuvi 50LM gps

12 volt marine dc

Honda goldwing 6 block fuse holder

Install was fairly easy, plenty of room inside fairing to tuck everything away.
My only complaints are the fairing brackets shoulda been chromed or powder coated and i had to dig out 2 Bolts from my toolbox to finish the install.

I was also worried the Vance & Hines long shots would drown out the music, not the case, the music overides the pipes even at 85 mph.

Very happy with the looks and feel of the fairing, money well spent! If anyone has any questions or wants any help installing, feel free to give me a shout.

Todd

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Looks good! What handlebars do you have?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, that looks really great! A batwing fairing is on my wishlist (for christmas). Nice that the lowers didn't have to be removed or interfered with the fairing. Do you have any experience from other brands....can you compare this one vs Memphis Shades or Tsukayu? Is it a "one piece" fairing or inner and outer shell?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, that looks really great! A batwing fairing is on my wishlist (for christmas). Nice that the lowers didn't have to be removed or interfered with the fairing. Do you have any experience from other brands....can you compare this one vs Memphis Shades or Tsukayu? Is it a "one piece" fairing or inner and outer shell?
I dont have any physical experience with MS or tsukayu fairings, the only comparison i had was pictures. I liked the stereo options with the stealth. It is a inner and outer shell, i didnt have to split them either for anything. The memphis shades windshields will fit this fairing to. It did come with 2 windshields a tinted and a clear. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
-Thanks, Snowmobiler! I've looked at US Trailer store and must say that this fairing looks great and has a nice price! I am really tempted to buy this one. If so....I'm going for the two speaker setup. Only problem is that I've got a 2004 model and they are listed to fit 2005-2008. Don't know if there is any problem mounting it on my bike. Have you by any chance tested it "IRL"....on the road, yet? Could you pls post some closeup pics from the joint area of the two shells? Do they fit/match properly without any gap?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, Snowmobiler. Couldn't buy this nice fairing at US Trailer store. They don't ship international orders. Instead I ordered and just recieved a Tsukayu fairing. Great product. Going to paintshop in a few days to match my bike. Luckily for me, a buddy is working in a paintshop and just wants me to pay the (hopefully) small amount of paint used.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2006 vulcan VN1600A classic

Stealth fiberglass Batwing fairing kit purchased from "The USA Trailer store" on ebay for $290 shipped.

I had to purchase 2 mainstay brackets from Kawasaki part#'s 35063-0209 & 35063-0210 which bolted right up. $120. They also allowed me to keep the Lowers attached.

Kenwood Kmm-BT312U media reciever, USB, Sirius XM, Aux, Bluetooth, IHeart radio, Pandora

Kenwood Kac-M1804 400 watt 4 channel amp

2-Kicker 5.25 inch 3way 200 watts peak

2 kicker 5.25 inch 2way 225 watts peak

Sirius xm Sxv300 tuner kit

Mrant bi-pole hideway antenna (tuner)

Garmin Nuvi 50LM gps

12 volt marine dc

Honda goldwing 6 block fuse holder

Install was fairly easy, plenty of room inside fairing to tuck everything away.
My only complaints are the fairing brackets shoulda been chromed or powder coated and i had to dig out 2 Bolts from my toolbox to finish the install.

I was also worried the Vance & Hines long shots would drown out the music, not the case, the music overides the pipes even at 85 mph.

Very happy with the looks and feel of the fairing, money well spent! If anyone has any questions or wants any help installing, feel free to give me a shout.

Todd
How much room did you have above the CD player? Where your GPS is mounted? I didn't even know about this option, was about to drop $800 on a tsukayu.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Todd,
Looks like there's not much clearance at the bar clamps. I need to add some pull back risers due to short ass arms. Do you think that would be an issue or is the enough adjust-ability in the fairing mounts to make it work?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts