Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While working today I came across an 82 year old man on a Harley Trike. He was sitting on the concrete under an I-8 overpass near Gila Bend, AZ. It's 117 degrees and he was hot, out of water and not feeling well. I always have water on my bucket/work truck so he was cared for and eventually cooled off. It doesn't take long for heat exhaustion or heat stroke to do its damage. Always carry extra water. Drinking warm or hot water is better than not drinking at all. It was a good visit too. He's from Georgia and had plenty of great stories to share. Ride safely and stay hydrated my friends.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Good story..

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Good job Greg. I know that guy appreciated your help. Had/have relatives in Tuscon Arizona by the last name of Cox.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was an incredible old guy. It's the fourth week of his ride. He left San Diego this morning, stopped at the Old Territorial Prison in Yuma, AZ, was headed to Flagstaff but only made it 120 miles until he got woozy. It's been over 115 degrees here four days in a row, but at least no humidity. I believe I convinced him to get a room, hydrate and head out really early. Hope I can ride in my eighties like him. Folks the message is - hydrate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts