Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my regular route home one of the streets follows a golf course and makes a dogleg around a sweeping curve; you cannot see all the way around it. I have taught myself to position myself so that I will be away from cars coming around the curve.

Well, today was the day. I'm coming around the bend and sure enough a GMC SUV is trying to flatten out the curve by driving in my lane. He came within about 2 feet of me.

If it were up to me, at least half of the people out there would never be allowed to drive, not even a shopping cart.

Be careful out there!

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Oh, for a second there I thought you were going to say you was hit by a golf ball. :eek:
I couldn't agree with you more. There's a few people out there that shouldn't be driving. They just DON"T look before they move. The cell phone users are another hazarded against us. A biker sure has to be carefull out thee.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Way to be proactive. Only years of riding can teach you that. Chalk one up for the good guys, and now you live to be frustrated another day...lol.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Thats when you reach up and pull that FULL water bottle out of the holder and drop in in his travel lane and let it start bouncing... more fun when it is a frozen water bottle. 40-30 years ago I did it with glass Dr. Pepper bottles... many many times...

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok Dave. We should get together and ride sometime.
Sure, would like to meet you half way perhaps. I'm planning to show baldrider(in the forums), who lives just about 4 miles north of me, a great place to eat in "Newberry" probably this month or at lease next month. Newberry is right between you and us. Would that be something you would like to do? We could meet there, have lunch and take a little ride perhaps to the Ocala Nat. Forest. My email = [email protected] phone = 904-2695881
Looking forward to get together.
David :p

BTW what bike do you have?

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Sounds good! I've got a 2011 VV
Can you go ahead and give me your name & phone number so I can write it down? It looks like it will be next month when Mike & I can do this but I will call you in advance to set up a time and day.Ok

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Locals straightening out the corners is common practice in my locality. I always start left handers from the white line and right handers from the yellow line. Squeezed past a dump truck during a right hander, but the pickup behind me wasn't so lucky... he had to hit the ditch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts