Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having problems with the battery not holding a charge and I found out today that the stator needs to be replaced. I heard that this is a pretty tough thing to do for a novice. That the engine needs to be removed to replace the stator. If anyone out there can shed some light on what's in store for me, I would appreciate it.
Thank you
Rick :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know this is late but when doing the stator be sure to do yourself the favor and replace the balance dampers if you intend on keeping the bike for in the future. They are rubber and will sooner or later need replacing. They are there by the stator. You'll need a 18mm X 1.5 bolt for the drum removal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info about the dampers. Don't know what they r or what they do but I can figure it out, I hope. Its ready for surgery in my bros garage waiting for a cold day this winter when the trout aren't biting :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Youtube, type in 1985 Kawasaki VN750 Engine Rebuild - pt20 for a video of they being put in the engine. This guy does a complete engine rebuild,,,, good stuff. Look thru the video's before you start and it will help with different parts. Gives torque specs, tells you the balancer has left hand threads, etc. just good stuff to know.

But yes, vn750.com is a great place for the 750's info. Hope to see you there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts