Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted message re whistling noise a while ago - would confirm that stator rewound and refitted to my VN900 Classic and no longer 'whistles' - would point out that this does not seem to be a recognised problem in UK and dealer could not find anything wrong with stator according to their usual tests of electrics - he would only send stator away to be rewound after he fit a stator (from another VN900 he had in stock) to my bike and found whistling noise no longer there.
stator rewind cheaper than expensive Kawasaki stator but total not cheap to fix when labour included.
bike now runs, handles , corners well (touch wood) - would like bit more power from front brake but don't know if possible. I have found other bikes with single front disc lack a bit in braking.

Regards,
Enrico

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
- UK and dealer could not find anything wrong with stator according to their usual tests of electrics -

Regards,
Enrico
Your dealer should expand his usual electric tests because this problem is relatively easy to test for.
Tell him to read this forum.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Your dealer should expand his usual electric tests because this problem is relatively easy to test for.
Tell him to read this forum.
From some of the horror stories I've read on here of guys getting 2-3 stators, 2 reg/rect units and a couple batteries at the dealer before it's finally fixed, I'd think that's true of a lot of dealers! LOL. Measure twice cut once; a motto more dealers should have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts