Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What gaskets are required for stator repair?

Will be replacing the stator on my 2008 VN900 Classic LT. Just wanted to know which gaskets are required for this repair. I see two that can be replaced. The stator cover gasket and clutch cover gasket. Are both of these required to be replaced to complete the repair. Thanx.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok you only need to replace the stator cover gasket. That's the black cover under the chrome outer cover. Some people actually reuse theirs if they are careful not to damage it during removal. I personally prefer buying a new one at only $20 to $30. They can easily bend/kink which could set up a leak problem later. You should also use gasket sealer on both faces of the gasket. The black or gray stuff is rated for that application where motor oil is what will be sealed in. Hope all else goes well with your repair.

·
Registered
166 Posts
As posted above only need the single gasket and is just as easy to or it with the stator allowing them to arrive at the same time.

Saying that I had issues with my stator install and had to pull the bike down a few times fault finding and reused the gasket I bought.

Appears I have no leaks but I also used gasket sealer.

Good luck and don't forget to put the metal z plate in when you install and also that the rubber crank sensor seal doesn't pop out while putting the case back on. (Didn't have these problems on the first install but did when I was fault finding)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts