Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 VN2000 A2. I am in need of a new stator (21003-0029). I have looked at the parts diagrams and see that it has a wiring harness attached to it. Can anyone tell me if that harness includes the plugs that attach to the regulators/rectifiers?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Like sfair says, why?
They have 2 stators and 2 regulators. The plugs for the regs are part of the wiring loom and will not come with new stators, but you can get the plugs online separately.
I didn't think these bikes had stator issues, but they definitely have the corroded bottom regulator plug, rusted off regulator pins problem that's for sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The stator itself is just fine. The problem I have run into is with one of the plugs for the regulator. One of the female connectors is corroded to the point of being nonfunctional (along with the corresponding male pin on the regulator). I have a new regulator but have not been able to find a replacement plug or female connector online in 7 days of searching. If you know a source for these, PLEASE let me know who it is. I followed the suggestion of some of the other posts on here and checked with aeromotive and they were unable to help me with a plug or the female connector. I have also spoken to a guy who is a certified motorcycle mechanic and teaches motorcycle mechanics at our local community college. He told me my best bet would be to replace the stator if the wiring included the plugs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey greyhairhoon...thanks for the tip. I looked at these earlier but was concerned about the size of the openings appearing to be different from one row to the other. I just ordered one and will give it a try. After all, $10 is a lot better than $480. :) Thanks again!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
They work no problems, I have done it. Even the regulator works perfectly and Kawasaki wanted over $300 here in Australia just for the regulator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts