Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching for a couple hours now trying to find out how much wattage the stator on my 1700 Nomad puts out. The stock stator seems to handle the 180W that my Jensen stereo built into my Quadzilla fairing draws. (That is with the stock halogen headlight and sealed beam driving lights.)

But I want MOAR WATTAGE! Hoppe Industries directed me to Cycle Sounds, and apparently, they have an amp designed for my fairing that will give a significant volume boost.

Even with changing my lighting to all LEDs, it could turn out that I will need a bigger stator. Does anyone know the stock stator output specifications, and a higher output stator that will fit my ride?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
As I mentioned in the "What did you do..." thread, the 180 watts listed for the Jensen stereo is not really what it will draw, even if you turned up full blast. You should be able to upgrade quite a bit before you tax the 1700's power limits.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Even with changing my lighting to all LEDs, it could turn out that I will need a bigger stator. Does anyone know the stock stator output specifications, and a higher output stator that will fit my ride?
Thank you.
The only info the shop manual gives is voltage & resistance.
Do you want that?

·
Registered
101 Posts
and the answer was?
it seems I read somewhere they had some stupid big output like 65 amps

·
Registered
701 Posts
I think it puts out around 45 amps if I remember correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts