Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike battery is new and the lights and etc. have full power but won't start. I heard a buzzing sound under the seat and took it off and discovered that it seems to be from the solenoid. Could it be the problem, if so I located one online and it is very inexpensive, was going to take it to the shop but if a simple solenoid replace would solve my problem it would be worth the effort. What you think? Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Solenoid could be the problem but I would bet the start switch corroded or dirty is the real culprit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Solenoid could be the problem but I would bet the start switch corroded or dirty is the real culprit.
Well I just hooked up jumper cables to my truck and it starts right up, had a new stater put on last summer and new battery like I mentioned before, what does this indicate? Bad battery even though new?
Another thing I just thought of, I put a new tail light on recently and had a couple of wires that were just hanging around, wonder if might have become grounded? I taped them up and going to take the battery back to store in the morning to have it checked.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Glad a jump was all it took. When you said new battery I assumed it was just installed. A battery installed last year certainly could have failed or be reasonably drained enough to cause your problem. Hell a battery installed two days ago could be drained too much to start if other issues exist. When they test it I would bet they tell you the battery just needs a charge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad a jump was all it took. When you said new battery I assumed it was just installed. A battery installed last year certainly could have failed or be reasonably drained enough to cause your problem. Hell a battery installed two days ago could be drained too much to start if other issues exist. When they test it I would bet they tell you the battery just needs a charge.
Well the battery was bought a month ago and that does not compute, I will let them check it in the morning and make sure it is ok charge it and try again. thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should be good, but this is why products, of any kind, come with a warranty.
Correct, went to master battery and tested it, simple fix all along that I wish I would have waited before posting not considering a new batt. would be defective. It tested bad and was replaced no questions, it was a kinetic made in vietnam I think. Alls well on the 800 so when daddys happy the day goes a lot better. Thanks for all the help! Ride Safe!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts