Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this happen twice so far. Once when I moved my bike out of the shop and went back to crank int when ready to leave work. Thought it wasn't gonna start but it finally did. Did it again a few days later. Yesterday I left the house and when I approached the street it died. Took several tries to get it started again. Is this normal? I was reading about the Vaquero and the stalling problem with the 1700 and it sounded like what happened to me.........:confused:

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
Can't speak to how normal that is but my bike is a finicky [email protected] when she is cold. It will stall on me in a heartbeat until it gets warmed thoroughly. What I have learned to di is to keep the rpm above idle when I stop and it works fairly well. I really love it when I"m at a stop light and she dies just as my light turns green. Makes the people behind me almost go ballistic.
One guy just sat on his horn. I put the kick stand down, got off and started to walk back to his car to find out what his problem was. I purposely sat there through the light just to make his day a little brighter.
Finally got her cranked again and then hesitated just a bit to see if he would honk at me again, he didn't.
Stalling can be fun.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Can't speak to how normal that is but my bike is a finicky [email protected] when she is cold. It will stall on me in a heartbeat until it gets warmed thoroughly. What I have learned to di is to keep the rpm above idle when I stop and it works fairly well. I really love it when I"m at a stop light and she dies just as my light turns green. Makes the people behind me almost go ballistic.
One guy just sat on his horn. I put the kick stand down, got off and started to walk back to his car to find out what his problem was. I purposely sat there through the light just to make his day a little brighter.
Finally got her cranked again and then hesitated just a bit to see if he would honk at me again, he didn't.
Stalling can be fun.
Pig,
Your stature must be as big as your 2K. They do freak out a bit when a 6'4" frame rises off that low rider frame! ;););)

Do either of you sport a Fuel Processor? Don't know, but mine began to hesitate a bit on cold starts after I installed my fuel processor. Had to turn the idle up just a tad but it stays lit now.

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
I'm running a Cobra FI-2000 processor and it's taken some tinkering to get it set just right but it's there. I have had the cold naturedness since she was new. I just learned to tolerate it and go on. You got to also learn how to get around the problem and go about your business.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm running a FuelPak processor. It doesn't set the idle if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts