Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 750. When I ride about 65 miles into a full tank of gas the bike reacts as if it needs to be put onto reserve. I have plenty of gas and it usually starts back up after stalling. I've taken the fuel valve out and cleaned it and replaced the filters. I've been told it may have something to do with vacuum or the weight of fuel pushing gas to the carbs, but when it gets lighter, due to 65 miles having been ridden, the weight of the fuel is less so it doesn't get tot he carbs as well. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm open to any ideas. Please help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried opening the tank cap after it stalls because of the rumored vacuum issue, but I didn't know if that was the solution or not. Like I said, it always starts back up, but I don't know why. If it is a vacuum issue, where do I start? I've tried to blow out the vacuum tube, but the problem still exist. I really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
If popping the cap gets it running, then the cap is at fault. It has valves and such to allow fresh air into the tank to accomodate the drop in fuel level. What you would like to do is ride until you feel it start to stumble and then pop the cap. (you are going to need 2 keys for this). If the bike then takes off, you know the cap is the problem.
The repair...some people just remove the valve mechanism and others replace the cap. It is your option.

·
Registered
63 Posts
the vacuum heard around the world

sfair:
If some folks remove the valve from the cap and some folks do not. Please tell me why Kawasaki put this device on in the first place and what is it's function, IE: what is it suppose to do when working correctly.:confused:
I am thinking that if the valve is removed, this will defeat the Kawasaki builders wants. Such a device has to service a purpose.
Thank you:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
@qxinfinity You know when you pour oil too fast and it will chug out of the container because of air trapped below it,and when you either cut a small hole in the bottom of the container or pour slower to allow the air to escape it will pour smoothly ,same concept. The cap has a little one way flapper that allows air in but not out. As the fuel is sucked out it creates vacuum in the tank which is relieved by the valve in the cap but still keeps the gas fumes in, I took it out of mine when I ditched the emissions crap. Shit, just saw the date on this post, sorry guys, didn't mean to create a zombie

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks Miksauto

Hi Miksauto;
That was a great ball of good reasoning:D. It only took a little under a 1 1/2 to get an answer. Now about that zombie:eek:. I've never heard it in that term before. Please explain it. I hope it doesn't take another 1 1/2 to get a response.
Thank you
qxinfinity

·
Registered
39 Posts
If there is a fuel filter? I would replace it. I had the exact same problem on an on beater I had.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts