Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the debaffle to stage 2 today. I decided to take some video of each stage and upload it to Youtube. You don't get a sense of the volume difference but it should give an idea of the sound difference from stock, to stage 1 to stage 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuWm8gXkV4E

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
8 x 12mm (~1/2") holes in each pipe's rear plate.
1 x 20mm (~13/16") hole down the middle of each pipe.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nice work.

IT would be great to have a another video showing you riding with the stage 2 debacle.

What did you use to punch that hole out of the guts in the middle?

Romper

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice work.

IT would be great to have a another video showing you riding with the stage 2 debacle.

What did you use to punch that hole out of the guts in the middle?

Romper
I'll have to see if I can get my hands on a mate's GoPro and take it for a ride up the mountain. ;)

The '12 Classic has a solid plug at the back of the baffle rather than a mesh as some of the earlier ones did. I tried bashing it with a sharpened metal bar and couldn't make a dent in it.

I used a step drill bit on the end of a 150mm driver to reach in and drill through. It's pretty thin stuff. The one I used was a cheap set but it wasn't doing anything particularly hard. I used some cutting oil to help it go through.

The pipe is 25mm (1") in diameter so the 20mm one was as big as I could go. Bunnings had a 25mm one, but it was a trade brand and was more than $45. Not worth it. a 20mm hole is fine and if I really want, I could get a hard file in there and grind it back a touch more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts