Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm a new member making my first post so go easy.

I have an 07 900C which I recently performed a stage 2 debaffle on. It sounds awesome as is so I do not plan to move up to a full stage 3. I would however like to put on an after market air intake. I haven't decided on which one but I've kind of narrowed it down to the Arlen Ness Big Sucker or the Baron BAK.

My question is this; With a stage 2 debaffle and an after market air intake do I need to do any sort of retuning? I understand that with a full debaffle and an after market intake retuning is recommended but is it necessary with a stage 2?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hey guys I'm a new member making my first post so go easy.

I have an 07 900C which I recently performed a stage 2 debaffle on. It sounds awesome as is so I do not plan to move up to a full stage 3. I would however like to put on an after market air intake. I haven't decided on which one but I've kind of narrowed it down to the Arlen Ness Big Sucker or the Baron BAK.

My question is this; With a stage 2 debaffle and an after market air intake do I need to do any sort of retuning? I understand that with a full debaffle and an after market intake retuning is recommended but is it necessary with a stage 2?
no u do not

·
Registered
711 Posts
Any time you open up the exhaust or air system is highly recommended to add a fuel management. In this case you're opening the exhaust a bit and a whole air system so I would say you may get better results if you do. Good luck.

·
Registered
166 Posts
from what I've heard :

if you do the pipes only - NO
if you do the intake only - NO (but might be better > that's my opinion)
if you do both - YES

Hope that helps ...

Cheers

·
Registered
976 Posts
I've opened my exhaust BUT have the front of the muffler can in the pipes, that means a 1 inch hole up front (can't remember what size drill I used to cut the inner pipe out). And I have a BAK. I have a bully controller and have it set for factory defaults for the bike, in essence, I have it turned off. This is to keep from having an over-rich condition.

He won't have his pipes near as aopen as mine are, he won't need a controller. Each bike is different and you should check your plugs after 500 miles to check, but this has been pretty much a standard result with everyone I've talked too that has done the same as I.

Now, put a set of aftermarket pipes on there and they will flow quite a bit more freely. You'll need to add some fuel then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts