Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, need help. Completed a stage 1 mod, (drill on the baffle plug) started with a 3/4 hole and sounded good but took it a step further and completely took the plug out. Now i hear a whistle when i get on it or on rapid deceleration. Are there any fixes to this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Put a little silicone on the end of a dowel and slid it back in place. Then used a liquid weld to hold to keep it there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, for those wanting to modify the stock exhaust on the newer 900. I started by drilling a 3/4 hole in the center plug/screen. Sound was better but not really louder. I then drilled out the entire plug/screen with a 1 inch hole saw. Sounded a little louder at idle...but then the exhaust started whistling loud and high pitched...I lived with it for a whole 2 days (it drove me crazy) And i tried the "stage 2" debaffle bu drilling 4 holes in the exterior baffle plate. Sound really was much better and louder and probably would have kept it at that......but the whistling continued... So i then did the full on debaffle and eureka!! No whistle, and no need or want for an aftermarket exhaust system. Will add a fuel processor later tho. Thanks for the replies gents!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts