Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I wanted to get a full set of after market pipes, however, with all the mods I've done so far I cant quite rationalize another 1700 bucks for the big 3 (canada prices suck)

So, I was looking over doing a stage one and keeping the tips intact, now I've seen lots of people stage one with the screens, I however have the solid caps inside, I am wondering the best way to remove these, I've hears some take a crowbar to them and poke them out or some who drill..

What's everyone's opinion on which works best? I'm thinking of drilling them, would it be recomended to drill the whole inside out or just a specific size?

I may be leading to my adjustable stage 2 debafle and put my theory into practice :p I may even try it on the stage one since I have the solid caps.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Measure how big the opening is and get you a small hole saw (3/4-1 inch approximately) and a 12" drill extension. The whole job will take about 40 seconds :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Measure how big the opening is and get you a small hole saw (3/4-1 inch approximately) and a 12" drill extension. The whole job will take about 40 seconds :)
Pretty much my thought :) Thanks :)

40 seconds huh..... well.. that's just too tempting now :D

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,856 Posts
I drilled out the rivets then used a saws all to cut the pipe down. Be sure to tape up the chrome before you do any cutting. I then used a 3/8 drill bit an did 8 holes. I then used a shop vac to clean up and then hit it with some paint made for BBQ pits to take the heat.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I drilled out the rivets then used a saws all to cut the pipe down. Be sure to tape up the chrome before you do any cutting. I then used a 3/8 drill bit an did 8 holes. I then used a shop vac to clean up and then hit it with some paint made for BBQ pits to take the heat.
Ya I just want to drill out the center plug to start, without even removing the outer plate. if thats not enough I will be going the full 3/8 ring hole method for sure.

I'm just looking to get some more depth, doesnt have to be that loud, well... at least until my hearing deteriorates more ;)

bbq paint is great for that :) on my triumph sprint st way back, I did masked flames on the exhaust with it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I may be selling my stage 1 debaffled stock exhaust but it's the flat black pipes ... not sure what yours are. I have a stage 2 I'm going to experiment with next.

·
Registered
166 Posts
does this require a tune when you debaffle by itself.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, no tune is required if you just debaffle, When you put on a big air kit then you need a tune to handle the larger air intake / mix.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,856 Posts
No, no tune is required if you just debaffle, When you put on a big air kit then you need a tune to handle the larger air intake / mix.
And you didn't even see my lips move.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts