1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
current state of affairs;
07 v2k 50k smiles
13 HD48 9k smiles
14 Big Chief Injun 4k smiles and counting (3k was just the ride home)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Those are some nice rides. Looks like some great options when you open the garage door.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
When I first heard about Indian putting a fairing on their bikes, I thought "That ain't right". But after seeing them, I think they done a good job make it work with the styling.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Good lookin stable! The Injun is sweet. Like the spot location on your V2K but where ya put the feets? Glad your back too. I picked up a Sporty C 1200 while back. Makes a nice change for those short jaunts.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
That Chieftain's a fine-lookin scoot, Ponch. Would love to get my butt on one, but haven't actually seen one with my own eyes yet.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
20 Minute Cliff. Ain't that at the beginning of the Blue Ridge Parkway in Northern VA?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
takin the long way home

20 Minute Cliff. Ain't that at the beginning of the Blue Ridge Parkway in Northern VA?
nah, thats about mile marker 50ish.? here are a few otter pix 2 konsider.
did the Fly n Ride program on Injuns dime, picked it up in Lincoln Neb. took the long way home, to Indy for fambly inspection-oil change, off to Virginny for 'nuther annual round of tree huggin,, er leaf peepin via Blue Ridge south to NC. Rain-got run out the mtns just north of Asheville, so bopped over to Nashville Tn and picked up the Natchez-Trace south to Jackson Msipee. then boogaloo'd it back to Texus. a lil over 3k first ride to the barn. not 2 shabby. ponchout

Attachments

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
nah, thats about mile marker 50ish.? here are a few otter pix 2 konsider.
did the Fly n Ride program on Injuns dime, picked it up in Lincoln Neb. took the long way home, to Indy for fambly inspection-oil change, off to Virginny for 'nuther annual round of tree huggin,, er leaf peepin via Blue Ridge south to NC. Rain-got run out the mtns just north of Asheville, so bopped over to Nashville Tn and picked up the Natchez-Trace south to Jackson Msipee. then boogaloo'd it back to Texus. a lil over 3k first ride to the barn. not 2 shabby. ponchout
The wife and I were thinking about making that stretch of the BRP this year. We have rode the NC sections several times since I am closer to it being down in the corner of VA. What did you think about it?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wife and I were thinking about making that stretch of the BRP this year. We have rode the NC sections several times since I am closer to it being down in the corner of VA. What did you think about it?
think? didn kno was spose to.. more reflex like being annual rite of passage for me to ride the Ridge in Oct.. all of it. have done it 'least 6x sofar. never get tired or bored of it. usual I ride 2 days just to get to Cherokee Tn and pick it up at mile marker 496. then I spend 3 days north bound to Waynseworld,ville,burg? Mostly wheel her around and spend 3 days ride the whole thing backwards. then 2 more days back to the ranch. I musta got some kinda bug 4it? ponchout

Attachments

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
think? didn kno was spose to.. more reflex like being annual rite of passage for me to ride the Ridge in Oct.. all of it. have done it 'least 6x sofar. never get tired or bored of it. usual I ride 2 days just to get to Cherokee Tn and pick it up at mile marker 496. then I spend 3 days north bound to Waynseworld,ville,burg? Mostly wheel her around and spend 3 days ride the whole thing backwards. then 2 more days back to the ranch. I musta got some kinda bug 4it? ponchout
As of now we (the wife and I) have to think and plan cause we both work and have a 5 yo daughter. Maybe one of these days I can just take off when i wish but sending the young one off to college will be at least 13 years and then retirement is an even further thought.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
83f in Feb must seem like Hades to you yanks!

That Chieftain's a fine-lookin scoot, Ponch. Would love to get my butt on one, but haven't actually seen one with my own eyes yet.
diablo,, perzactly whos i'balls iz you using these daze? itsa right ther front n center.. the red one.. yer fav kolor of them flamze.;) ponchout

doh! u mean up klose n personal.. well u gotta get off the couch for that to happen.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Must say I envy your stable Ponch. You gonna take that Injun down those dirt/gravel roads west of town? You know, the ones you led us down?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
diablo,, perzactly whos i'balls iz you using these daze? itsa right ther front n center.. the red one.. yer fav kolor of them flamze.;) ponchout

doh! u mean up klose n personal.. well u gotta get off the couch for that to happen.
Had a nice February here too, got a few hundred miles on the XR...it's more comfy than my couch any day of the week. The Vic dealers I frequent (all both of them) didn't pick up Indian, and I'm not even sure there's an Indian dealer in the state. Guy here in town has a Gilroy Indian, and it's a sharp enough bike, but I think Polaris has done something pretty impressive with their take on the nameplate. Hopefully I get the opportunity to throw a leg over one soon.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Must say I envy your stable Ponch. You gonna take that Injun down those dirt/gravel roads west of town? You know, the ones you led us down?
bakroads are the key to the heart of this country.. not always need to be dirt or gravely type, some just pan out that way. Ive done plenty of superslab and will do more.. butt, the bakroads is where you meet the real 'mericans. ponchout

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think Polaris has done something pretty impressive with their take on the nameplate..
unner neath the tins n trimmins is a mitey fine motor/chassis/'spension.
'sprized i dont have more frame pics.. somewheres,, where'd they go?

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts