Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Nomad. Had a shop on a new front tire, all balls bearings, and fix a front light. I am sure they took the tank off for at least one of these. Now when I hit anything remotely rough, like coarse pavement, I get funny squeaks and chirps from the tank. Is it possible they screwed up replacing the tank? Is there some kind of gasket in there that they replaced wrong?

Maybe I’m speculating. It’s really irritating, however. But the all balls bearings are great!

Happy and safe riding,
Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like the same issue I had with my new Voyager and it drove me nuts. Turned out to be two easy fixes as it’s probably the trim around the ignition rubbing on the metal tank bib and the metal bib rubbing on the tank.
- lift the metal bib and lay some insulation tape between it and the tank
- press down on the round metal ignition trim to ensure its fully seated.

·
Registered
315 Posts
My 2014 Nomad did the same when it was new. Really annoying! The plastic meter cover was rubbing against the fuel tank. The dealer stuck two soft rubber spacers on the fuel tank to keep the cover off the tank. Here's a pic from the side. You can see the spacer under the arrow. There's one on each side. I haven't had a problem since they added these over 33,000 miles ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
My nomad does the same. I havent tried a fix yet but it seems to go away when I push down on the trim around the key switch like the other guy says.

·
Registered
201 Posts
When I took off my tank strap, I noticed a couple of large rubber isolators. One had come loose. I had some thick foam rubber stick-on weatherstripping, so I used that, all along the inside of the plastic strap. I also put some inside the fairing pocket doors. Things quieted down after doing this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts