Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I know this has been discussed here before but i wanted to see if there was any new info or if anyone has done this? I know any thing is possible with enough machine and custom fab, but thought someone might have took the plunge and put a springer on the front end of a vulcan. I am planning a "Retro" looking build and want a springer. Im not talking about a chopper i'm looking to build more of a panhead replica... 40ish looking bike. Thought the buy in for a vulcan donor bike would be about 2 grand cheaper than a sporty. anybody interested in this?? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Unfortunately, it's not an easy swap.

As far as the steering head is concerned, you could have a kawi neck stem pressed/welded onto the Springer.

Or.. you could give Ardcore Choppers a ring, they can put together a bearing/spacer setup that will work. Adapts an HD stem to Vulcan neck. - I bought the kit, it does fit just fine.

Your biggest hurdle?

Front frame down tubes.

Any Mid-Wide glide style Springer will have almost no turning radius, before the back legs smack in to the frame.

I saw this for myself with a DNA Springer, while mocking up my Chop.

You either have to "notch" the down tubes for clearance, or push the neck up and out.

That said, a "Narrow Glide" Springer might work. Assuming it is no wider than the stock front end.

You can see what I did in my thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a narrow glide springer but it's missing the stem and top clamp as far as I know. Also I've heard a lot of bad things about ardcore choppers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts