Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
North alabama is about as good as it gets for riding. I would like to hook up with some Vulcaholics this spring and make some noise. If you are ever in my neck of the woods, drop me a line.
Lou.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hey Lou..If i remember right u were having some clutch problems...slipping....Was it the spring....How did u make out....If i have the wrong person excuse me...Terry

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to here from you Terry, you have the right person. I drained my bike of the synthetic oil & replace with non-synthetic, after about 500 miles it has all but quit slipping. I took it out today & throttled it hard. Had to really pay attention to notice any at all. But I am going to replace the spring before long. What do you ride?
You should post some pics. Take care.
Lou.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hey Lou....Glad bike is working better....That is weird with the synthetic....I currently ride a 06 Nomad....I test drove the 09 Voyager.....Waiting 4 the 2010 Voyager 2 get here and i will take one 4 a weekend or something this spring and decide what i will do...I have been working on photo's LOL....I now have a photobucket acct...I have been sorting photo's on my computer and hope 2 get some posted soon....I don't move real quick.....Terry

·
Registered
242 Posts
My orders changed and I will be moving to Auburn AL in December. I will be an ROTC instructor at Auburn University. Does anyone know the area well and can recommend good family neighborhoods to look in for purchasing a house? We will be looking for a 4 or 5 bedroom home for around $250,000.

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
My orders changed and I will be moving to Auburn AL in December. I will be an ROTC instructor at Auburn University. Does anyone know the area well and can recommend good family neighborhoods to look in for purchasing a house? We will be looking for a 4 or 5 bedroom home for around $250,000.
Use this tool to help out a little.

Homefair

C

·
0 Posts
Hello Southeast,

Anyone around the Huntsville-Guntersville area? I am in between the two around Arab, Al. Right now mainly doing 2 up local riding but looking to stretch it out some.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in cleveland in blount county Al. My wife & I ride in north Al & Tenn a couple times a month. Mabe we could hook up sometime. Most of the time we are riding alone.
What do you ride?
Take care.
Lou.

C

·
0 Posts
I live in cleveland in blount county Al. My wife & I ride in north Al & Tenn a couple times a month. Mabe we could hook up sometime. Most of the time we are riding alone.
What do you ride?
Take care.
Lou.

Sounds good Lou, check your pm.

We are leaving 6/25 headed up to Fontana Lodge returning Saturday.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Lou.

Albertville, AL here.
We ride over your way quite often going to About Bikes and Smith Bros.
Perhaps we should meet up sometime and take a little ride.

Storm

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey...
I'm riding out of Anniston/Oxford AL area...I20 between Bham and Atlanta.Don't care about riding in either city...but anywhere in this mountain lakes country is fine...anyone around up for a ride?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Birmingham, AL (Hoover to be exact) for me.

Just got my first bike, a Vulcan 500. Lovin' it; it's got some idling issues, and i may have to have the carbs cleaned, but my ride around the neighborhood sure was fun. :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Located in lower Alabama ... Andalusia, AL - Covington County ... would love to take a few cruises with fellow vulcans.

·
Registered
16 Posts
South of Birmingham

How's it going? I live in Alabaster. I would love to meet up with someone that has a 900 and has updated the exhaust. The videos you find just doesnt do a bike any justice when it comes to hearing it for yourself.

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
I stayed in Helena this past weeken with my girlfriends family. Next time I'm up I can let you hear my roadburner street pros. Makes a huge difference til me. I still want to add an intake and fuel processor tho.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Brookwood near the Mercedes plant here. Member of Southern Cruisers Riding Club chapter 197 in Tuscaloosa.

We usually ride every Saturday sometimes on Sundays. When I'm not ridding with the group I have a friend and co worker I ride with. We usually buzz around the backroads in central Alabama and sometimes ride over to Columbus Ms or up to Barber motorsports.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts