Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about getting a light bar and some spotlights for 2009 custom but am unsure how it would wire inn can i just splice it onto the the headlight wires or would i need to put them on their own switch or circuit any info would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Lot's of options. 1) Follow the light bar manufacturers instructions. 2) Purchase a Kury, or other brand, aux switch with relay and follow their instructions. 3) Build your own sub harness and wire it in (relay recommended). I'd be cautious about the total wattage of the lights. Check that out before wiring them in, to avoid stator issues. Good luck.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would strongly suggest you run individual set of wire with relay and fuse.
this will not avoid the warrenty as long as you are not slicing into the OEM wire.
Most of the light bar light bulb are H3 i think, usually 35Watt each.
so total you put extra 70 watt to the bike and thats pretty much maxed out from manufatry suggested extra wattage for acc.
there are ways to save more watt for other Acc. i swap out all signal and break and plate bulb to LEDs and its a big difference when you see the battery gauge go up and stay up......good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts