Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride an 07 Classic LT. Right now it's down until I can replace the stator. Died mid ride yesterday?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Man sorry fellas I should have updated this last year but about a couple weeks after my stator failed I ordered one from Rick's. Installed it and all is well now.

In fact while I was at it I decided to install a PCV in preparation for intake and exhaust mods. So far D baffled the stock pipes and I'm now in the market for a good intake. Interestingly enough D baffling the stock pipes produces a little more rumble, especially during WOT, but not obnoxiously loud. Just right in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Western Washington here. We must meet somewhere in the middle and go wandering around some!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I have a riding buddy here in Spokane with a Shadow 750 ACE. We hardly make time to get out lately but have been berating each other for not doing so. Work and home stuff taking up time. We've been wanting to take a ride halfway around the state at least so when I do coordinate something with him I'd like to get with you guys also.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Forgot to mention however that I recently lost the steering stem cap nut so she's staying in the garage to be safe until I replace it. Can you imagine nowhere in the nation is that nut available because it's on factory backorder! I'm hearing a month or longer... that's batshit crazy! I'm probably going to Fastenal to put a temporary flange nut on it until the backorder part arrives. But I'm also changing out the steering stem guts... bearings, races, and seals. After the fact I realized these were worn causing the steering stem to be loose enough to rattle everything, which is how I lost the cap nut.

Here's a pic of myself and my riding buddy. 20180619_025415_1529402331034.jpg

Btw how do I upload photos that maintain original quality? That pic looks like crap!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts