Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a spending spree recently and I think I am done for now. Started with saddle bag rails and fender tips. Then to LED kit and plexi glass. After reading some post I put some 430 progressive shocks on, which lowered rear about an inch. (Have not ridden yet so review to follow). Some long horn hwy pegs And my favorite decals. Enjoy the pics. A little more than a grand so will not do any more this year. I am pretty happy with my new mods and chrome.

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
skull

Went on a spending spree recently and I think I am done for now. Started with saddle bag rails and fender tips. Then to LED kit and plexi glass. After reading some post I put some 430 progressive shocks on, which lowered rear about an inch. (Have not ridden yet so review to follow). Some long horn hwy pegs And my favorite decals. Enjoy the pics. A little more than a grand so will not do any more this year. I am pretty happy with my new mods and chrome.
Where did the skull come from? That's BAD ASS!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm jealous, you got to spend some real $$$,
Does look good though :D

·
Registered
381 Posts

I dig the LEDs. I have a similar set up with red strips running down the outside edges of the chrome accents between the bag and fender. If I didn't hate soldering those tiny wires so much I would probably try wiring them to work with my turn signals.

FYI I found the saddle bag hinges to be the perfect location to put LED strips and they look extra bright shining directly down on the reflectors.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dig the LEDs. I have a similar set up with red strips running down the outside edges of the chrome accents between the bag and fender. If I didn't hate soldering those tiny wires so much I would probably try wiring them to work with my turn signals.

FYI I found the saddle bag hinges to be the perfect location to put LED strips and they look extra bright shining directly down on the reflectors.
I thought of that but I did not want to attach to bags at all. I can remove them without disconnecting the LEDs. They are attached to rails. I would like to do some led turn signals but dont want to drill holes in saddle bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
So what are the rails attached to? I would have thought they would be attached to the bags so how would attaching the lights to the rails make it easier to remove the bags? I'd like to get more lights on the rear and sides of my bike; cars are bad enough but the pickem' up trucks here in Texas are even worse, especially with the lift kits. Extra lights won't guarantee your safety but they can't hurt either. I was even thinking of that knight rider license plate with the led's that strobe back and forth, but kind of gimmicky.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took a 60 mile ride tonight and I am loving the new 430 shocks. Two up and the ride is lower. On hwy it feels less bounce and handles bumps beautifully. Feels like a different motorcycle. I did scrape both tail pipes at slow speeds though. One was a small pot hole and the other was leaning. Feels great and looks pretty cool too. I am also diggin my hwy pegs. Riding to Niagara Falls (about 400 miles one way)next week so pegs will be awesome. Some pics of Mrs Steve and Nomad lit up at night.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts