Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Well if history repeats itself.....And unless Ma Kawi changed something....The rule of thumb is 10%........I know some people use a GPS to be accurate......So that would be on the fast side..........Terry..........:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tazlives2ride.
Seems like the norm for these electronic speedometers. The one on my 06 Vespa GTS 250ie is out 10%, my 08 Triumph 2300cc Rocket Touring is out 7%, so I guess the VN900 should be no surprise. Want a laugh, the one on my 04 H.D.Heritage softail is right on! Bet H.D. didn't make that part!! I know there is a "speedo healer" that will fix these problems. About 119.00 C.D.N. Might be a wise investment if one was going to a larger profile tire or smaller rear driven sprocket.
bcbatman

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Thanks Tazlives2ride.
Want a laugh, the one on my 04 H.D.Heritage softail is right on! Bet H.D. didn't make that part!
bcbatman
LOL.......bet ur right......I don't stress 2 much on mine......I just open up the throttle a little more and let her go.......Wow....Sounds like u have a fair collection of bikes...Cool......Ride safe and enjoy the scoot....Terry....:D

·
Registered
657 Posts
My LT was just a hair under 10% high on speed and 4% high on distance. After I installed the Scootworks Overdrive Pulley, my speed is just a tad bit high (less than a half percent) and my distance is about 3.5% low.
It can also be corrected with a Speed-o-healer device. I had one on my previous ride and it worked quite nicely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The Scooterworks over drive pully modification sounds like a great idea. Do you need a drive belt change as well? What are the part numbers? How much does it cost? :)
bcbatman
I like the avatar Mark!

·
Registered
657 Posts
The Scooterworks over drive pully modification sounds like a great idea. Do you need a drive belt change as well? What are the part numbers? How much does it cost? :)
bcbatman
I like the avatar Mark!
It's not a difficult mod to do. Youu will need a motorcycle lift and a torque wrench to do the job. Part of it involves moving your rear wheel slightly forward to reset the belt tension. More scary than difficult. No other special equipment needed for the bike itself. You can also have a mechanic do the job. This will change the shifting characteristics slightly, but you'll feel less of a need to look for that missing 6th gear on the freeway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts