Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a link to explain my backstory to this post : http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/49-vulcan-900/207345-ignition-fuse-blows-w-engine-kill-switch.html

To sum it up I had a faulty regulator that burned out my ecu, relay box, and a couple bulbs. Should have been expensive but i found some cheap parts and fixed it with sound advice from this forum. Special thanks to sfair. I took it out for a ride since then and everything ran fine. The only issue I have left is the speedometer, odometer, and trip meter.

I can still pass the nc safety inspection without these but I rather have them work.

The issue I have now is the speedometer isn't moving. I checked to see if the needle is stuck but I can move it freely. Also the trip meter reads 0.00 and won't increase. The odometer reads 36479 and won't increase as well. I've replaced the speed sensor and that hasn't fixed the problem. Everything else on the meter unit is working fine.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Well, I would bet the circuit board those gauges are attached to is fried considering how many other things fried when the regulator failed. You might want to try to find a used meter cluster somewhere. They're over $400 new.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts