Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY Lens on my Speedometer Broke into Pieces What im wondering is if I can use one of the Lens kits from Say J&P cycles or if anyone know sof how i can replace the glass on my Speedometer It will be Cheaper than buying a used Speedometer

2003 Vulcan 1500E Classic

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looking at part diagrams, it doesn't look like the glass is a replaceable part on that bike.

Curious though, how'd it break?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looking at part diagrams, it doesn't look like the glass is a replaceable part on that bike.

Curious though, how'd it break?
Ya it's weird. On say, a 1500 Drifter, the 'glass' (and some other stuff) is on a replaceable peice. It's weird that the components are not the same between 1500's. Maybe it's a 'FI' vs 'Carb' thing?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SO after it broke i bent the ring back and pulled it apart and the glass came out in 3 BIG pieces when i piece them together like a puzzle in one of the lower sides( where is usually covered by the gasket and cover it had a star shape like you would get on the windshield of a car SO i think maybe it had a star hidden for the last 2 years i had the bike and the cold (its cold time of year in CALIfornia) and Potholes and maybe the time i had to transport the bike on a trailor to get the clutch repalced that the Glass just finally crept and broke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts