Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My speedo is about 8% to 9% high and rather than buying another gadget to correct an inherent problem I was thinking a slightly larger rear tire would accomplish the same thing. It should bring the indicated speed down to where it's supposed to be.

I'm running a 200 X 60 now and thinking a slightly larder aspect ratio might just do the job.

Any thoughts?????????

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
"andele', andele', arriba, arriba"!

My speedo is about 8% to 9% high and rather than buying another gadget to correct an inherent problem I was thinking a slightly larger rear tire would accomplish the same thing. It should bring the indicated speed down to where it's supposed to be. I'm running a 200 X 60 now and thinking a slightly larger aspect ratio might just do the job.
cp, had a 205x65 dark tire thing going on last year. I suppose it did help some but not enuff to be significant. My brother on his harley would still tell me I was running 5-10mph slower than my speedo read. I recently installed those eurogears which are 11% taller and yeild I think a 4% correction.

I did ride w/brother a few weeks ago and he didn't complain that I was running slow.. he does like to go fast.. as his nickname is speed.. but I prefer to call him gonzo. not too unlike my favorite that really cool muppet gonzo, but more short for speedy gonzales... "andele', andele', arriba, arriba"! out, ponch

·
Registered
42 Posts
cp, had a 205x65 dark tire thing going on last year. I suppose it did help some but not enuff to be significant. My brother on his harley would still tell me I was running 5-10mph slower than my speedo read. I recently installed those eurogears which are 11% taller and yeild I think a 4% correction.

I did ride w/brother a few weeks ago and he didn't complain that I was running slow.. he does like to go fast.. as his nickname is speed.. but I prefer to call him gonzo. not too unlike my favorite that really cool muppet gonzo, but more short for speedy gonzales... "andele', andele', arriba, arriba"! out, ponch
How about Jery Jeff Walker and the Lost GONZO Band,located right there in good ol Austin.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
bumper sticker: Weird is not a place, when you leave it leaves with you... now git!

How about Jery Jeff Walker and the Lost GONZO Band,located right there in good ol Austin.
So which is it? Jery or Jeff or how we Lost GONZO?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts