Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow I got some condensation under my speedometer lens cover. Does the round chrome ring around it turn off to gain access? It definitely needs a cleaning.
Thanks and regards-SH

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure, but wouldn't 20 mins with a hair dryer get most of that out of there?
No, it's already dry, but it left watermarks and smudges....looks dirty from the inside.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Somehow I got some condensation under my speedometer lens cover. Does the round chrome ring around it turn off to gain access? It definitely needs a cleaning.
Thanks and regards-SH
i had to do this to mine and it isn't that big of a deal... took about 20 minutes...

you have to remove everything and actually disconnect the speedo from the rear by unscrewing all the screws on the back. then you can gain access to the glass underneath.

good luck!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Speedo is easy to take apart. Once you pull the housing off the tank, one screw and one connector and lift gently while pushing forward, there's about 5 screws (may be wrong it's been a while) holding the speedo bezel together. Check out Webslinger if you want a new speedo dial while you got it apart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts