Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sitting at the intersection and staring at the speedo, and cowling..I was wondering why that little screw holding the cowling on was not chromed so it would match the cowling...Sooo I got home and broke out the dremel tool with small buffing wheel and some jewelers paste and wa-la... it now looks like chrome....You would`nt think that it would make such a difference...But it does........Stainless buffs out to mirror finish ......It`s been a long saturday..:)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Looks nice! And it is all about the little things. Maybe if my wife ever has a slow down in her honey-do list, I'll try this trick too.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Sitting at the intersection and staring at the speedo, and cowling..I was wondering why that little screw holding the cowling on was not chromed so it would match the cowling...Sooo I got home and broke out the dremel tool with small buffing wheel and some jewelers paste and wa-la... it now looks like chrome....You would`nt think that it would make such a difference...But it does........Stainless buffs out to mirror finish ......It`s been a long saturday..:)
When u had the cowl off, did u notice if the ring holding the speedo lens rotates to gain access to the gauges etc,,,?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silenthill.......Sorry..I just took out the screw...I`ve had the cowling off before, But never really took a close look at the guages.....

·
Registered
382 Posts
I prefer all my bolts to be stainless. They look good enough and will never rust.
It's still stainless. Just polished to a mirror like finish.:D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Trying that as we speak. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts