Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 VN200 LTD. What a bike!! I would like to know how accurate the Speed odometer is on these bikes. My VN900 was off until I put on a front pulley and Metzler tires which made the difference. The 900 is for sale also. I had the 2000 up to 80 today and was not passing anyone so I am concerned it is off. Any feed back will be appreciated. I really like the 900 but wish I would have bought the bigger bike 2 years ago when I bought the 900.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Depends who ya talk 2........I've always been told about 10%.......But as has been mentioned here many times the best way is with a GPS......Take care.......Terry...:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just bought a 2005 VN200 LTD. What a bike!! I would like to know how accurate the Speed odometer is on these bikes. My VN900 was off until I put on a front pulley and Metzler tires which made the difference. The 900 is for sale also. I had the 2000 up to 80 today and was not passing anyone so I am concerned it is off. Any feed back will be appreciated. I really like the 900 but wish I would have bought the bigger bike 2 years ago when I bought the 900.
I would also say 10% in the picture you will see the top number on the GPS of 74.8 and on the speedometer ~82 miles per hour, oops I'm running a car tire and is 205/60R16 that does correct it a little but not much. Best I can tell the odometer is +3% not sure how that works but from my odometer on the bike compared to the GPS it is only three percent off.

As a rule I run 10 miles over the speed limit on the highway and I don't think you will get a ticket unless you are in Wyoming <:-O

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
might just be crossing the line here.

As a rule I run 10 miles over the speed limit on the highway and I don't think you will get a ticket unless you are in Wyoming <:-O
only if you are wearing CO plates, as it's a neighbor thing. otherwise wring her out, they will leave you alone. been there, done that.

·
Registered
538 Posts
My '06 is about 8MPH FAST at 80MPH (indicated), when checking it against my Garmin GPS. In other words I'm actually travelling at 72 when the speed-o says I'm doing 80.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
My '06 is about 8MPH FAST at 80MPH (indicated), when checking it against my Garmin GPS. In other wods I'm actually travelling at 72 when the speed-o says I'm doing 80.
Yupper......That is about right as i have always been told.......10%.....That is just about right on.......Terry.....:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts