Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Awesome! I have packages coming nearly every day this week. It's like Christmas in May! Don't forget to post pics when it's on!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am installing it right now. Just trying to beat the massive 3 day storm we are about to get. Apartment living is rough sometimes... (Wishing I had a garage.)

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Ha! Me too! I'm "lucky" in that my apartment is next to an empty bank building and I park my bike under their drive thru canopy. Unless there is serious wind, I can work and not get wet. Bad thing is all my tools have to be either hand or battery powered :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I finished the install. Just in time too, the clouds are looking crazy right now. I am uploading pics as I type this. I will post them once it is done.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Too bad you can't get a quick ride and and test it out. Looks good!

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Looks nice. I like the more modern / sporty look of the Alley Cat, but still need to add lowers or something to make it more enjoyable to ride behind. Let us know how you like the ride (once your weather clears).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks nice. I like the more modern / sporty look of the Alley Cat, but still need to add lowers or something to make it more enjoyable to ride behind. Let us know how you like the ride (once your weather clears).
Actually AZGeek, it was your post that made me order this. I saw your install and loved the way it looked.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I am installing it right now. Just trying to beat the massive 3 day storm we are about to get. Apartment living is rough sometimes... (Wishing I had a garage.)
worth the extra in rent, having a garage with a bike!! ;)

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Ha! Me too! I'm "lucky" in that my apartment is next to an empty bank building and I park my bike under their drive thru canopy. Unless there is serious wind, I can work and not get wet. Bad thing is all my tools have to be either hand or battery powered :eek:
was wondering why your bike looked like it was a business.. yet the handle bars were off..

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, sorry it has taken me so long to respond... I have been out riding! :)

If you are on the fence with getting this windshield, do it! I cannot say enough about it. Installation was quick and painless, it keeps the wind off of my chest, doesn't wobble at highway speeds, I can even ride with my visor up now.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Good to hear. How tall are you and where do you think the top of the windshield is in relation to your mouth / nose? I had mine adjusted all the way forward but the wind buffeting behind the shield was too annoying. I now have it adjusted back towards me, with the top in line with my mouth. The buffeting is a bit better but my glasses start to wobble above 50 mph. Above 65 and I need the full face visor down.

·
BOTM Winner, October 2015
476 Posts
First floor apartment? Sliding door? Drive it right in!

Congrats the shield looks great.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AZGeek, I am 5'10. The shield probably goes up to my nose. I am good riding around with the visor open until I get up to about 60 and then I close it just to be safer.

Chicago_Cheech, I am on the second floor, but they are bi-level aparetments, so even if I was on the bottom floor, I would be underground.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts