Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put a speaker system on my vulcan 900 and want to mount them inside my leather saddle bags. Has anyone tried this? Whats the best way to mount it? :confused:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey C50T, where did you mount your receiver? I own a meanstreak and was looking into upgrading my sound from a set of Pyle speakers to putting a couple 6 inch speakers in my leather bags, but I don't have a front fairing to put a receiver in. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Lots of folks do this! If you use marine grade speakers you shouldn't have an issue. Just be aware that the 900 has a very limited charging system. Too much power in your amp/receiver equipment and you'll find yourself with dim headlights and dead batteries.

Personally, I'd go with an efficient amp with a line-in connection and just use an iPod or something like that for your audio source, eliminating the extra amperage of a receiver. Kicker makes a 50Wx4 RMS amp that is designed for motorcycles, it's really small and it's waterproof. Also pretty efficient and may be okay with the amount of juice you have in the charging system.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got a system ([ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004S4XMH2/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]) and need some help on installation. First, where can I mount the amp? I have leather saddlebags but I am not sure if that's the best idea. Also, I am going to mount the speakers on my handlebars. My main issue is is this: I want to connect the power supply to a fuse, but I am not sure how to do this. I saw a video online where the guy attached the power wire to a the hot side of a fuse on his bike. Mainly, I want the system to shut down when I turn off the bike so that I won't have to remember to manually shut it off using a switch that i would have to splice on.

Thanks in advance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts