Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out on the road camping this weekend so limited tools available, but on my 2011 voyager 1700 my left speaker was cutting in and out, then stopped completely until I gave it a good whack, then stopped again. I took the speaker out and the female spade connector for the positive wire is super loose and barely holds on. Is there a way to crimp these as they're in a hard plastic insulated connector? It's working now but I know the next big bump I hit it won't be. Thanks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You might be able to get in there and bend the bends with a small pair of needle nose pliers. Might be a good time to think about upgrading the speakers and adding an amp...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are Kenwoods stock? I bought it used so unknown history. I've heard Polk db521s are good and is there a recommended amp?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Kenwood's are not stock. Those Polk's are good, I use them in the rear but in the front I'd upgrade to 6.5 speakers with Randy's adapters (engineeredadapters.com). I use Polk db651's and an alpine ktp-445u amp.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Just adjust with pliers, if the hard plastic goes just insulate as needed (you might not even need to).
If you damage the plastic it is not a truly functional element for the sound to come clean out of the speaker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts