Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed the spark plugs in my bike. Super easy to do. Anyway here is a pic of the.old plugs. Sorry for the crapy pics I used my phone. Do they look like its running to lean or rich? I don't know how to read them.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
take the pic with them on the floor or table. It looks like the camera is focusing on your feet.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does good pic of my shoes.Lol I will take some more an post them.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
how many miles are on them? They look like good to me. The white part of the plug looks like it is starting to turn a little brown and not sooty and nasty. I would not be concerned with anything if they came out of my bike looking like that. Maybe a little rich. If they have been in there for a while. If they are new and look like that then you are rich.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
for future reference check out this chart.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
They are looking a little dark to me.

There are better 'plug analysts' on here than me.
But, if they are the correct plugs changed within the specified interval; it looks like you are running pretty rich.

Check out this chart.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
for future reference check out this chart.
Dang it! SWVA this is the second time in about a week that snuck a post in between my reading and replying.
:D

Scott

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Dang it! SWVA this is the second time in about a week that snuck a post in between my reading and replying.
:D

Scott
I am slick man, what do I say. Don't worry you will get me sooner or later. :p

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The bike is an 08 an has 11200 miles on it. Has a Hypercharger, Hard Krome 3 Inch Big Straights, an a Cobra fuel processor. Plugs have never been changed. Thanks for the chart.

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
The bike is an 08 an has 11200 miles on it. Has a Hypercharger, Hard Krome 3 Inch Big Straights, an a Cobra fuel processor. Plugs have never been changed. Thanks for the chart.

Tim
Based on your miles, those plugs look pretty normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts