Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any idea how to remove the rear plug front plug not a problem. Asked @ dealer and they said the never had remove one before. Looking for help. My bike is a 2006 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT I have 24,000miles.:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I have done everything in the manual required to change the plugs I have the 16mm spark plug socket. Tried it with universal and also with 1/2" to 3/8" reducer. The problem I'm having is not being able to get the rachet on the reducer, or use the universal. I tried every possible thing I could think of so far I appreciate any helpful ideas. thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
remove bolt from gas tank and raise it 2'' , this is the important part - buy the special plug wrench for about $50. thats all recently did it - very simple and fast

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
makes you think they build bikes to sell tools.

remove bolt from gas tank and raise it 2'' , this is the important part - buy the special plug wrench for about $50. thats all recently did it - very simple and fast
what is special about this plug wrench, besides the $50? is this a kaw only tool or a universal? what is the kaw part #? can this be bought from other tool suppliers? thx, ponch

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
:eek: well, you did learn which dealer NOT to ever go to for service !! LOL

does anyone have any idea how to remove the rear plug front plug not a problem. Asked @ dealer and they said the never had remove one before. Looking for help. My bike is a 2006 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT I have 24,000miles.:confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Ponch , can't remember the part # but yes It is a Kawa tool , got it through a dealer , plug wrench has universal joints at the socket and a T handle on the end for turning , quite long about 12'' overall and slender .

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
yup, build bikes = sell tools

Hi Ponch , can't remember the part # but yes It is a Kawa tool , got it through a dealer , plug wrench has universal joints at the socket and a T handle on the end for turning , quite long about 12'' overall and slender .
kaw part # 57001-1262 spark plug wrench $74.99 from the local dealer, $66.75 from the remote guy.
the remote guy said to go to AutoParts and get the same thing for $6.00.
it is a standard plug socket w/universal joint, 12" extension w/T handle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just changed mine on one bike and not the other, you definately have to unbolty and lift the fuel tank a bit, but I bought a small 1/4 " flex head ratchet with a 1/4 / 3/8 adaptor and it made it small enough to go in there.
only cost me $12 bucks at princess auto!

Another tip I went from the Iridium plugs that were in it, to a Bosh fusion plugs (iridium and gold) flatfire
I was amazed to see that the smoking that was happening on my other bike with the same pipes had all but vanished!! very cool because it was blackening my tailight!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts