Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '07 vn2000 Classic LT with 14k miles. Did all the typical power/performance upgrades, V&H Power Shots, Power Commander III, Baron's BAK, removed all the smog chit. This beast is awesome and runs strong and smooth. My wife refers to her as my Japanese girlfriend.
Looking for some indication that the plugs need to be replaced but have not seen any indication.
Anyone out there with information on expected plug life? And when you do replace them, What (brand, part number) are you replacing them with?
thanks in advance.

SteveM

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
er, gettin rid de ums?

I just changed mine and they didn't need to be!15,000 miles.A special plug 24.00 dollars a piece!!!I saved them for when I really need plugs!....
iridiums. 100k mile plug. super small tip. super hot spark. 'spose to ignite the fuel a tad bit faster<nanosecond> and thereby fuller burn. yeah about $24 sounds right.

·
Registered
59 Posts
22,000 with no Mods. The beast feels the same as it did after being gently broken in. Will I ever need to bother inspecting, replacing them?

Herb

·
Registered
288 Posts
I replaced mine when I got the bike last fall, with 10K on it. They looked almost new. I put them in the boxes the new ones came in and put them away just in case.

I got the new ones for 15 bucks each at the local dealer, I think. I was surprised because usually they're 100% list on everything.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Got 46,000 Mi. on mine with no change. Runs like new.
bb, my v2k came w/ iridiums standard. they are 100k plugs. no need to change em. they will go the distance. have them in my trux. they go 100k.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
30k mile change em?

my 2005 owners manual says 30,000 miles.
fbj, you are correct. the book says inspect evry 12k and replace at 30k. am at 27k now. check em twice a year. they are and run perfect. have no intention of changing something just for the excercise.. particular that rear plug.. was suprised to find fine tip iridiums standard stock. bought iridiums for my hardley for $24 each. have run them now at 70k, still look and run like new. have iridiums in gm trux. they go 100k w/o hickup. $12 for plugs? everything I'v seen in that price range was old skool big tips. Dealers want full list plus for parts. but hey, they gotta eat too. ponchout

·
Registered
144 Posts
Spark Plugs

I bought a set Saturday at the dealer and they were $35. I'll change them if I ever need to..................:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
the info you have all been waiting 4 !!!!

I apologize for taking so long to get this info out to u all....
the company is : Monarch Products Inc. Mail : PO Box 772, Sun City, Cal. 92586-0772. 4 plugs = $49.20
delivery = $23.55
total = $72.75
There u go guys, 4 NGK IR IZFR6F11 delivered for a TOTAL of $72.75. If you still don't believe it, go to http://www.sparkplugs.com/default.asp.
Born to Ride and maybe "tinker". The last time I got caught "tinkering" it ended in a very expensive devorce.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts