Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a loud spark or cackle when I press my start button. Sounds like from the front or under the motor. Any ideas? Seems to run ok, tho mileage has dropped a bit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Loose electrical connection. check the starter and frame ground connections.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where? Starter is internal. I've checked everything I can see. Thinking it may be the kickstand cutoff shorts out. Bike freaked out starting after I'd used it to shut down. Trip meters , time and avg mpg zeroed out & it barely cranked 1st turn. It's fine, no spark starting warm.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
I think it is the start solenoid chattering you hear, not sparks, due to the battery being dead/bad/both.

Get a load test done on it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everything is tight. I may have crushed the kickstand cutoff when I put it on a block to change the front tire. Gonna disconnect it & see.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
When it comes to batteries, new does not always = good. Have to make sure the basics are there and in order.
Get it checked, or if you have a meter and know how to use it, we can test it here.
Put in new battery to fix what?

Kickstand switch will not cause noises, if bad.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Everything is tight. I may have crushed the kickstand cutoff when I put it on a block to change the front tire. Gonna disconnect it & see.

Check the cables themselves, not just the connections. They can go bad or sometimes corrosion at the connectors.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Should have battery tested to eliminate that as a possibilty. The tripmeter, MPG, and such resetting tells me its the battery going bad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts