Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife did some GoPro from her Vulcan 500 as we did some Southern back roads around KY, AL, GA, and TN. I am on the Vulcan 1700. Her windscreen looks funny but I guess that is the wide angle view of the camera. Hope you enjoy.

http://youtu.be/9xLqZVrr9lM

Music:
1952 Vincent Black Lightning by Del McCroury
Persales done by Asleep at the Wheel
Haystack Ride by Old & in the Way

·
Registered
641 Posts
Enjoyed the video! I've ridden the roads in GA.

·
El Jefe
166 Posts
Enjoyed the video and the Bluegrass. Where was the GoPro mounted? Chest strap or helmet?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind comments. We love those areas and roads.

BRP: GoPro was mounted on the helmet. I usually mount the GoPro off a saddlebag but she wanted to do the video for this trip. In retrospect, we should have moved the cam to a few different spots for a more interesting video. Mostly, it is just done for family and friends anyway.

·
El Jefe
166 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments. We love those areas and roads.

BRP: GoPro was mounted on the helmet. I usually mount the GoPro off a saddlebag but she wanted to do the video for this trip. In retrospect, we should have moved the cam to a few different spots for a more interesting video. Mostly, it is just done for family and friends anyway.
I actually like the perspective of seeing the handlebars and shield in the picture. Its gives more of a felling of being the rider.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW I think the video looks great. Watched all of it. Where was all the luggage when it WASN'T on your bike?
Thanks Cheech! We hung out for a few days in different locations and just stashed everything at the hotel while out riding during the day. That is a Nelson Rigg backrest luggage and Bikers Friend cylinder tube. The best setup I have ever used for long distance travel. Also a big advocate of Ortlieb waterproof duffle. I use it when I ride a Sport Touring bike and throw it across the back seat and saddlebags. Has built in cinch straps!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I like the helmet mount perspective too. You get to see what the rider sees. If she turns her head to look at a passing car or check her blind spot you get to see that too! I've always preferred the helmet mount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts