Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just try to bird dog our US Constitution's sanctity as best I can. If I smell wrongdoing..I bark.

Roman Moronie, the notorious New York gangster, has perfectly captured my sentiments with regards to what happened here recently in the Buckeye State.

Namely, the Governor's, guided by his "panel of experts", decision to disallow in person voting on Tuesday which is unconstitutional.

Only in times of war, should the election process be tampered with, according to the Constitution.

Mr. DeWine overrode a judicial decision on the matter which denied Mr. DeWine's request because the judge found the Governors request to be...unconstitutional.
Yet...our Ohio Supreme Court..somehow...upheld the Governor...and not the Constitution...regardless.

Mr. Moronie??? you have the floor, sir.

·
Registered
22 Posts
in state elections, the US constitution is irrelevant, only the state constitution. voting in a primary isn't a federal election, it's actually the parties who hold the vote, not even the state. no primary is required for a candidate to be in the federal election. primaries are a way for the established parties to control politics, it's not a conspiracy or a dig at the parties, it's just true. that's how bernie got railroaded two elections in a row.

what is unconstitutional, however, is the government banning public gatherings. a state of emergency or the declaration of a pandemic does not give the government power to limit people's rights of assembly.

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah... I mean really, who cares if some of those folks waiting to vote get the virus and later dies. :eek:
Update: As of this date and since my initial posting of this thread, sir, .02% of Ohio's population have lost their lives due to Covid19.

Additionally, On March 17th, voting day, there were 0 dead.

I appreciate your concern for we Ohioans, though.

Truly, I do.

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in state elections, the US constitution is irrelevant, only the state constitution. voting in a primary isn't a federal election, it's actually the parties who hold the vote, not even the state. no primary is required for a candidate to be in the federal election. primaries are a way for the established parties to control politics, it's not a conspiracy or a dig at the parties, it's just true. that's how bernie got railroaded two elections in a row.

what is unconstitutional, however, is the government banning public gatherings. a state of emergency or the declaration of a pandemic does not give the government power to limit people's rights of assembly.
Here is the link to the election portion of the State of Ohio's Constitution:

Since election day postponement/rescheduling procedures are not directly addressed within our State Constitution, normal jurisprudence would be to default such protocol to the U.S. Constitutional guidelines.

Mr. DeWine knew that, I'm sure.

He's been in politics for forty, yes, forty, years here in Ohio.

Have a safe ride in The Great White North, my friend. (y)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Update: As of this date and since my initial posting of this thread, sir, .02% of Ohio's population have lost their lives due to Covid19.

Additionally, On March 17th, voting day, there were 0 dead.

I appreciate your concern for we Ohioans, though.

Truly, I do.

Figures have changed a little

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is correct..
But not to the point of governmental overreach being acceptable by we citizens of the free, democratic society, that we are blessed to have, all thanks to the Patriots who are currently serving, as well as, those who came before us.

And especially , to the ones who's blood has been spilled.

Ride safe, my friend.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I never understood the big foul about voting by mail. I've been doing it for years. I'm upset that I never realized the benefits of it earlier. Every election, I receive my ballot in the mail weeks before election day. I research the candidates and any amendments. I fill it out calmly at my convenience. And either I mail it back if I'm feeling extra lazy or I stop the polls during early elections and drop it off in person. I don't even have to go inside. They have a collection machine out front. No waiting in line and no fuss.

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I here you, C.
My precinct is literally 7 mins...walking...time, from my front door to a voting machine.

I realize that, that is very rare for most Americans, obviously.

But even if I have to travel, which I've done many times in my past, I still enjoy the experience.

Additionally, I am much more secure in my gut, that nothing, or no one, has tampered with my personal and private political choice made.

Oh...and I get a free sticker! 😄

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts