Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know.. I know.. i think i have read every resistor mod thread on here and Smedlin, you pretty much are in all of them, but they are a bit old.. therefor not many of the links are still available in them that everyone is reffering to. I think i found the actual resistor that I can use for this but where can i get the harness to splice into so i can go back and forth? and a clear how to on this project. Thanks guys

·
Registered
754 Posts
The harness most people bought was available at bluemonkeymotorsports.com
It was the V3 model, but I looked and couldn't find the V3, only the V4 which costs a ton more money than the 3. If you go to the aforementioned web site or ebay you will find the cable. I paid about $35 for the cable 2 years ago.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The harness most people bought was available at bluemonkeymotorsports.com
It was the V3 model, but I looked and couldn't find the V3, only the V4 which costs a ton more money than the 3. If you go to the aforementioned web site or ebay you will find the cable. I paid about $35 for the cable 2 years ago.
So do i need the entire speedohealer? Or just the replacement Harness like this one ... http://shop.bluemonkeymotorsports.com/Speedohealer-Replacement-Harness-Only_p_452.html

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I've been rebuilding my computer. So didn't respond.

You get what you needed SickDevil?
I think so.. so am I correct to assume that if i installed a fuel management system like the cobra fi2000 that this process wouldnt do muchof anything?

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
I think so.. so am I correct to assume that if i installed a fuel management system like the cobra fi2000 that this process wouldnt do muchof anything?
Not related in any form or function.

the fuel management system tells the bike much gas to air ratio to use.

The resistor mod bypasses the gear retardation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not related in any form or function.

the fuel management system tells the bike much gas to air ratio to use.

The resistor mod bypasses the gear retardation.
Sweet so by doing these two things alone.. releases all this beast has to offer before adding bolt-ons or digging in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Im on the same boat here...what are the specs on the resistor you got? I've exhausted my local options, and im trying to locate a similar one.

·
4,906 Posts
Im on the same boat here...what are the specs on the resistor you got? I've exhausted my local options, and im trying to locate a similar one.

I had to get them online.

I don't remember where, it was 3 or 4 years ago. But I cound't order just one. Had to order something like 50 of them. (Cost was still trivial.. just had a minimum order).

I tried to find the extra's awhile ago. yea.. once and only once has the wife ever "cleaned" the garage.

you've got a 2004, which will see the most results from this.

·
4,906 Posts
Sweet so by doing these two things alone.. releases all this beast has to offer before adding bolt-ons or digging in.
The fuel management won't increase HP on it's on. Your still sucking in the same amount of air.. and pushing out the same amount of air. Once more air starts flowing thru, it will start adding more gas to the ratio. More boom!

·
Registered
228 Posts
go to this website www.digikey.com search for this part number CMF442HFCT-ND

just ordered one while back.

CMF442HFCT-ND
CMF55442R00FHEB
Vishay Dale
RES 442 OHM 1/2W 1% AXIAL
$0.74000
Metal Film
Flame Retardant Coating, Moisture Resistant

·
Registered
34 Posts
Might as well order a several since you will get burned on shipping. I am sure there are some other guys on the forum (myself included) who would be willing to send you a buck or two for a resistor. This thread is making me want to do the mod in the near future.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh yes.. I definately think its time for this to happen.. i know i have an 06 and will only notice a bit of an upgrade but why not.. if the power is there... unleash it right? Then yeah you're right Smedlin.. dont know what I was thinkin.. gunna need those pipes and intake (hearink BAK is the way to go on this) and some freedom perfomance... radial? i believe...

·
4,906 Posts
Oh yes.. I definately think its time for this to happen.. i know i have an 06 and will only notice a bit of an upgrade but why not.. if the power is there... unleash it right? Then yeah you're right Smedlin.. dont know what I was thinkin.. gunna need those pipes and intake (hearink BAK is the way to go on this) and some freedom perfomance... radial? i believe...
Most people go with the BAK. It wasn't around when I got my bike (I've had my bike for a decade now). Never saw the need to replace the tornado.

Yea.. the freedom sharp radials. Best pipes for this bike.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I appreciate the repost with this mod. It wasn't a known quantity when I had my last V2K and since I am about to get another 2004 it will come in handy. What's the concensus about removing the secondary throttle butterflies? It worked out well when I did it to my SV1000S.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts