Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new member and soon to be owner of a Vulcan S. I am a Marine Corps Veteran and 27 years young. I have been readin the forums for the past few weeks as I prepare for my purchase. I appreciate the community here and the information I was able to glean from the posts. Looking forward to getting the new bike (my first that I own) out on the road. I live in Raleigh NC if anyone is local!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your purchase!

We all like pictures around here; if you want to show off feel free...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy the new Vulcan S. My wife just purchased one for herself. I've rode it quite a bit and it's an awesome bike!

I live up in Ohio, but go to Cary/Raleigh regularly. I might be moving there soon. Thanks for your service!

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Welcome from Virginia!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the replies. Bubba if you make it down this way shoot me a PM. I will definitely post pictures once I make my purchase, either end of this week or mid next week more than likely.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm 6'1 or so, the mid reach feels ok, with the extended reach seat, possibly trying the pegs too. My torso is pretty long compared to my legs, so the standard foot pegs may work. I have heard of some issue with a sticky shifter, so I am a little hesitant to relocate the foot pegs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm 6'1 or so, the mid reach feels ok, with the extended reach seat, possibly trying the pegs too. My torso is pretty long compared to my legs, so the standard foot pegs may work. I have heard of some issue with a sticky shifter, so I am a little hesitant to relocate the foot pegs.
My wife's bike has had the sticky shifter issue. There's a fix out from Kawasaki for this and her bike is currently in the shop getting it installed.

She has the mid reach set-up and she's 5'7". I am 6'1" and can ride her bike and I feel pretty comfortable on it, but could benefit from the longer reach set-up.

I also ride a 14' Star Bolt with the pegs and controls right below me, so even riding hers with the mid reach feels more comfortable.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took an obligatory delivery shot at the dealership, they were actually quite pleasant to work with. Put 80 miles or so on her yesterday and so far am loving it, no issues whatsoever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts