Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding since I was 17. Recently I have been riding 2019 willow green/white Indian Scout. Wanted something for when my attitude wasn't classic cruiser. Went to a factory demo and liked the Vulcan S. None available at any of the near by dealers. Found this on Craigslist. Enter a maroon/black 2017 Vulcan S. I like this color bettter than the current black/green. Fewer $ too. Happy 75th birthday to me!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
589 Posts
Hey I like that! Seems to have some goodies as well.

Have fun!

BTW - I see that Indian back there..... so very nice!

·
Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Classic
196 Posts
Welcome and Happy birthday, from a fellow John in Iowa. Gorgeous bike. Stay safe.

·
Super Moderator
5,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Congratulations on your new ride. Nice looking bike with some nice accessories. Here is a link to download a factory repair manual. Thanks again for becoming a member. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Congrats and Happy Birthday from Texas!

Reactions: John Guy

·
Registered
14 Posts
My wife rides a 2015 Vulcan S. New to her and her first bike. Her :Dream Bike" is a Scout. I'd like to hear your comparisons.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wife rides a 2015 Vulcan S. New to her and her first bike. Her :Dream Bike" is a Scout. I'd like to hear your comparisons.
The Scout is a lot more powerful, at low rpms especially. Weight is comparable. Vulcan is a bit more responsive in steering and a noticeably less subject to side winds/ buffeting from traffic. Overall feel is a bit more laid back on the Scout, a bit sportier on the Vulcan. The Scout gets a lot more attention and compliments, likely due to the classic green/white color scheme. I really like both depending on my mood. The biggest difference, hands down, is power. The tank on the Scout is relatively small and range is about 50 miles less than the Vulcan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Scout is a lot more powerful, at low rpms especially. Weight is comparable. Vulcan is a bit more responsive in steering and a noticeably less subject to side winds/ buffeting from traffic. Overall feel is a bit more laid back on the Scout, a bit sportier on the Vulcan. The Scout gets a lot more attention and compliments, likely due to the classic green/white color scheme. I really like both depending on my mood. The biggest difference, hands down, is power. The tank on the Scout is relatively small and range is about 50 miles less than the Vulcan.
Thanks John. When and if we do upgrade to a Scout I'll be looking for a Scout 60 which is a little less powerful. I want to hold off a while longer because I know that the Vulcan is the better bike for her to hone her skills on. She's riding well but still makes mistakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts