Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently laid my Triumph Rocket III down and learned several valuable lessons.

I won't go into riding things I learned, but one thing I will NEVER do again cost me, in my opinion, a broken rib.
I had fallen into the habit of putting my wallet in the inside breast pocket of my jacket. I am firmly convinced that this caused my broken rib, by focusing the impact into a small area rather than allowing my entire chest to take the impact with the ground (wet, grassy roadside).

I will never again ride with ANYTHING in any jacket pocket. I have bags for a reason, and anything I need I can stow somewhere safe.

Just putting this out there so you all can learn from my mistake. Ride safe, and ATGATT!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Ouch! Hope you're doing well. I usually keep my street glasses in my breast pocket. Now I'm picturing a punctured lung. Definitely rethinking that before next season.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I went down hard with a wallet in my pants side pocket. I had an armored overpant over my jeans and the hip armor was directly over the wallet. Didn't help. I landed squarely on the wallet and got a nasty, deep bruise. I could barely walk the next day and had to ride nearly 700 miles home that day. Lesson learned.

Hope you heal quickly!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts