Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I can vouch for a good portion of the Vulcan Custom community that we've been waiting for a Lindby bar for long enough. I emailed them the other day and got this response. If you live in the area, please, please, please get your bike over there! (and mention me if you get the chance! :) )

As you can see below, this email came straight from the horse's mouth.

Hi Justin
I would make it tomorrow if possible, I have been looking for a customers bike to use for a model but without any luck.
If you know anybody in my area there will let me use his/ her bike they will get the product at no charge.
I need the bike for 4-5 days to complete the part.
Thank you for your interest in our parts and I hope that you can help us getting a bike in the shop

Sincerely
Per

Per Lindby
Lindby Custom, Inc.
320 E. Crowther Ave
Placentia CA 92870
714-528-0085 office
714-293-0249 cell
www.lindbycustom.com

On Jan 17, 2013, at 8:17 PM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

Name : Justin
Email : [email protected]
Phone :
Comments : How much longer until you make a bar for the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom? There is a huge demand for these on kawasakimotorcycle.org and vulcanforums.com.

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, February 2016
265 Posts
I have both, that might be cool to get some free bars, and I am in SoCal.

·
BOTM Winner, August 2013
202 Posts
I live about an hour away. But I'm new to this stuff, what exactly is a highway bar?
They're also called engine guard/freeway bar. The usually chrome bars you see mounted to the frame behind the front wheels. Their purpose is to spare damage to your bike if it falls over and provide some protection if you go down on your side as well since it will take the initial impact. I've attached pictures.

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They just emailed me back saying someone named Justin is bringing the bike in tomorrow and they'll takuoffer if there's a problem.
Well, my name is Justin, but I'm just trying to organize getting someone over there (I live in South Dakota). I guess there's a chance the person bringing their bike in is also named Justin, but that's a weird coincidence...that or they're confused with the names.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've mentioned that before too. ..a couple weeks ago. Maybe if a few people from here email them about me they'll let me being it in. I'm willing to go right away since its only an hour from me. If you want to email them, my name is Dave from Vista, North County San Diego.
Every time I email them this Justin person is supposedly coming in the following day or week. ::shrugs shoulders::

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've mentioned that before too. ..a couple weeks ago. Maybe if a few people from here email them about me they'll let me being it in. I'm willing to go right away since its only an hour from me. If you want to email them, my name is Dave from Vista, North County San Diego.
Every time I email them this Justin person is supposedly coming in the following day or week. ::shrugs shoulders::
I emailed Per just now to clarify the situation. I'll let you know what I find out.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cool deal, I was going to email again towards the end of the week, just in case. I'm heading up to Anaheim on Saturday for the UFC, so it would be a perfect day to drop off the bike if they want it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I guess the other guy never brought his bike. Per said he had pneumonia but when he goes back to work next week he will contact me so I can drop off my bike to the shop. Hopefully no more confusion and we can get these bars going. Fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts