Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Vulcan S 650
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have gone through and rechecked the Owner's Manual for maintenance tasks and would appreciate some clarification on the following points.

How do I check the following? What tools would I need? (I bought my bike in CA and live in CA, so I assumed these were required.)
  • Engine vacuum synchronization
  • Evaporative emission control system

I know what a Coolant Level Check is, but what is the Cooling System? Do I just make sure that the engine isn't producing excessive heat? With regards to the coolant, water hoses and O-rings change. Do you actually have to swap out the hoses? The O-Rings make sense, but I thought coolant hoses were pretty hardy?

Is the Air Suction System check the same as the engine vacuum synchronization check?

What should I be looking for when assessing the wheel bearing damage?

Which are Chassis Parts that require lubrication? Any recommended lubrication products for this job?

Thanks again for the help,
Marco

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Search the forum for links Tourer may have posted for the service manual for your bike. It has detailed procedures for each of the maintenance procedures.

Reactions: MVisMarco

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,025 Posts
Service manual is in a sticky at the top of this section, your bike should have EVAP system but the chances of it having issues are quite slim and would typically cause the engine light to pop up. Cooling system check would be coolant level, condition, and check for leaks or weak hoses. I assume air suction system is the PAIR valve which again is highly unlikely to have issues unless the hose to the airbox somehow fell off but would also most likely result in engine light. Wheel bearing damage would result in play in the wheels and/or be noisy while spinning, the manual will show how to check for play. Main things to lubricate are clutch and throttle cable, lever pivot points, check pegs for proper motion and lubricate hinges if needed, probably missing a few things off the top of my head....

·
Registered
Vulcan S 650
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I really appreciate the clarification and will definitely get that manual printed out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts