Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Bought a 2006 900 LT a month ago and still waiting to get shipped from NJ to Dubai:( Can't wait to have it. Hopefully by mid of Dec i'll have the bike:D

BTW few questions,
1. which would be a good after market pipe for the 900. I am not interested in etremely louder pipes, like a nice rumble to roam around.
2. What are the other items (fuel management system, air intake, jet kits etc) i'll have buy while adding a after market pipe to keep the performance and efficiency of the motor?
3. Being a EFI model i think the air jetting is not required? :confused: (totall illetrate in such issues)

All replies appreciated.

ride safe.

cv

·
Registered
256 Posts
debaffle

If you just want a little more sound without going too loud you should just modify the stock exhaust. You can go various degrees. Search utube for the many tutorials. 900 vulcan debaffle.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you just want a little more sound without going too loud you should just modify the stock exhaust. You can go various degrees. Search utube for the many tutorials. 900 vulcan debaffle.
I had a M90 and I drilled the pipes with out taking the baffles off. And i was fined by the police once and I am surprised that my folkes who are running on after market pipes had no issues with police:confused:. As per the police you can not do any alterations on a stock pipe but you can put an after market pipe which is not dangerously loud. Which is why my question is.

ride safe,

cv

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I had a M90 and I drilled the pipes with out taking the baffles off. And i was fined by the police once and I am surprised that my folkes who are running on after market pipes had no issues with police:confused:. As per the police you can not do any alterations on a stock pipe but you can put an after market pipe which is not dangerously loud. Which is why my question is.

ride safe,

cv
Several brands of aftermarket pipes have baffles as an option. Get some fiberglass padding from the auto parts store and wrap the baffles with it, that'll give you a nice rumble without too much loudness.

You don't have to run a fuel processor (the EFI equivalent of jetting) if you JUST do pipes, but if you run an aftermarket air intake, you will.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Romans5.8,

I am considering V&H slash cut or Twin slash which are considered to be the cheapest among all. Is it possible to remove and refix (with screws or by any means) the baffles in those pipes as required?

ride safe,

cv

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put a set of Cobra HP two into One and it was a lot louder. I then put a after market baffle in and it took the edge off, and still sounds GREAT. Bike seems to have a little more power. I did not map it. Only non stock engine mod done to the bike. 2007 900 with 7000 trouble free miles in it.

·
Registered
365 Posts

ride safe,

cv
I don't know why that would be, if you REMOVE the stock exhaust (and catalytic converter) aren't you "altering" the stock exhaust?
If you do a decent job of performing a stage one or two debaffle, a cop would have to have intimate knowledge of the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 stock exhaust to even be able to recognize WHAT you did.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The police just check the physical condition of the pipes for any holes due to debaffling or drilling, if they found the pipes are louder than normal:mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts