Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Forgive me for starting a new thread with this post but I thought that even 1700 owners who weren't experiencing problems with fading engine emblems might find this interesting....

This is in reference to a previous thread "fading engine emblems" http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17860

Long story short I decided to do away with the defective air box cover and left side engine emblems on my 09 Nomad and explored other options. First I tried no covers at all exposing the bare chrome. Then tryed using the plates for the Vaquero which I believe by their painted finish are not as prone to fading or rubbing off but only time will tell for sure. As far as I know there haven't been any complaints from Vaquero owners yet *crosses fingers*.

check it out...

NO EMBLEMS

VAQUERO EMBLEMS

Think I will stick with the Vaquero emblems since they compliment the black color scheme but both look good in my opinion and are preferable to the OEM decals when they start to disintegrate. Hopefully Kawasaki will fix this soon.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes they look good! I have to go back and look at that thread. 1000 miles and the first wear mark is on the 6 speed emblem on my Nomad.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those plates look awesome where did you get them?
You can get them from any Kawasaki dealer or OEM parts store but I ordered mine from Dillon Brothers MotorSports. At around $80 for the set they are not cheap but I suspect they will last the life of the bike. And trust me you'll hear about it on here if they don't =).

·
Registered
269 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but in the first photos you show the plastic plate the decals are on have just been popped off?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct me if I am wrong but in the first photos you show the plastic plate the decals are on have just been popped off?
They take a bit of doing to remove but yes the chromed aluminum plates the decals are on were removed completely.

P.S. removing them will likely bend the plates so keep in mind you probably won't be able to put them back on if you change your mind once they are off.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hmm maybe a peice fo vinyl will work, could get one made a lot cheaper then $80, not to mention have it match the color of my bike. But the black does look great on yours man. But I believe blue/black combo would look better on mine

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm maybe a peice fo vinyl will work, could get one made a lot cheaper then $80, not to mention have it match the color of my bike. But the black does look great on yours man. But I believe blue/black combo would look better on mine
That's not a bad idea MLKN. With the plates removed you would have a flatter surface to apply it to as well. The hard part might be matching the blues but even if it was just something as simple as a black ring with letters I think that could look sharp!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is under the Kawasaki sticker? Is it just flat like the air cleaner?
On the left side of the engine I believe it is. On the right side I couldn't say for sure but I don't think it would be completely flat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts