Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
solo seats......does anyone know which is best,the mustang solo or the saddlemen solo?I am going to purchase one or the other......

·
Registered
782 Posts
I like the Saddlemen best. But since your butt is not attached to my legs, I can't say which you would actually like better. I suggest ordering from Dennis Kirk. They will allow returns for only $7.99 to cover the return label which they send with every package. You only get charged for its use if you actually use it. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered the Saddlemen Solo seat for the Custom. I like the look of it, however it moves you forward about 1.5 inches or more. I am only 5'7" and I don't like it. Makes my legs and feet feel cramped. I will be returning it.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Solo Seat for 900C

I put the Saddlemen Profiler solo on my 900C. It takes a little more room than the stock (about 3/4 inch), but less than the Mustang. I took a rubber mallet to the back portion to "wear in" the seat a bit too 'cause it was a bit stiff for a long run. I am 6ft, 275 lbs with a 34" inseam and find the 900 OK to ride. I just drop my heels over the pegs when I need to stretch.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am 5'4" and didn't notice the Saddlemen solo move me any more fwd than the stocker. I am happy with the fact that my tailbone no longer hurts even on long rides like it did with the stock seat. Strange how the stock seat feels softer and the Saddlemen is more firm, I thought my $200 gamble was a loss but after putting 400 miles on it I was surprised how comfortable it really was :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts