Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a solo seat on their 900 classic? What brand and how do you like it? I'm considering one for my 09 classic but don't see much to choose from. Please post pics if you have any.

Thanks
CH

·
Registered
782 Posts
At one time I bought the Saddleman Renegade Solo seat. I had to return it per it had a small cut in it from shipping. I actually ended up with the Saddlemen King Seat which is a two-up because I found a great deal on it. But the make of the two seats in the driver area was very similar. I liked the look of th solo seat when it was on the bike and I imagine it rides very similar the King seat that I now have. The King seat rides very nice. There is no comparison between it and that torture device they mount on the bike as stock. I'm sure those custom seats for $600+ may ride better, but my wife gets jealous when I spend that kind of money on my girlfriend. If I wanted a solo seat now, this is the one I would go with.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Although i haven't bought one for my bike yet (i'm really not that dissatisfied with the stock seat) i have done some research into solo seats. If i do pull the trigger and decide to get one, i'm going for the Willy & Max Black Lable.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys. The Saddleman is what I've been interested in so far. I like the look.
Marcus, I'm 59 and happily married for 37+ years so picking up chicks is way in my past.

·
Banned
334 Posts
I actually ended up with the Saddlemen King Seat
Do you have any pictures you could post? I've been thinking about getting one of those but I can't find any good pictures on the web. Do you know how the King Seat compares to the Mustang seat?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks guys. The Saddleman is what I've been interested I so far. I like the look.
Marcus, I'm 59 and happily married for 37+ years so picking up chicks is way in my past.
I am 49 and married for 23 years, and I still pick up chicks. Of course, it is always the same one.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I also had the Mustang seat for a short time before getting the Saddlemen King Seat. The Mustang pushes you up and slightly forward of the stock seat position. The Saddlemen sits you slightly lower but no further back than the stock seat. Also, I personally had issues witht the rear pillion part of the Mustang seat that protrudes forward to make the back rest. It was not exactly in line with the lower section and really hurt my back after a while. Since the Saddlemen is all one piece, it is really comfy to lean back into there. Also, I like that there is a gap separating the Saddlemen butt pad from the back pad. This almost completely eliminated that pinching feeling I was getting on the stock seat.

If anyone wants a picture of the Saddlemen King seat mounted on the Classic, send me a PM. I don't have a good picture already, but I can take one this weekend and post it.

As for picking up chicks with a solo saddle, they just have to sit in your lap facing backwards. Hopefully with a short skirt and a halter top! :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts