Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody make them? I just bought a 2008 500ltd and I am trying to find parts to personalize it. It only has 6000 km on it so it is almost brand new. I have put a back rest and luggage rack on it and I notice that it will be hard to get at the battery as the back rest stops the full seat from sliding back enough to take the seat off, thus the need for a solo seat.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Does anybody make them? I just bought a 2008 500ltd and I am trying to find parts to personalize it. It only has 6000 km on it so it is almost brand new. I have put a back rest and luggage rack on it and I notice that it will be hard to get at the battery as the back rest stops the full seat from sliding back enough to take the seat off, thus the need for a solo seat.
Welcome Cliff123.

Will you ever carry a passenger? If not consider doing a retrofit of a Drifter 800 seat to your Vulcan 500. I have had one on Hidalgo for a long time and it works very well.

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
Hi Cliff. Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Happy to see you decided to join us. Unfortunately when a model ends it’s run, the aftermarket manufacturers do not tool up to make accessories for a dwindling market. Modifying your stock seat may be a feasible option. Can even have the shop that does it install a gel pad. Here is a search on the subject. Thanks again for becoming a member. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Cliff. Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Happy to see you decided to join us. Unfortunately when a model ends it’s run, the aftermarket manufacturers do not tool up to make accessories for a dwindling market. Modifying your stock seat may be a feasible option. Can even have the shop that does it install a gel pad. Here is a search on the subject. Thanks again for becoming a member. Be well and Ride Safely.

Thanks for the warm welcome from BC, Canada. I was thinking the same thing. I think there may be a shop not too far away that might be able to help. I'll be looking into it tomorrow. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts